Sumner County Government
The Sumner County government website is a high traffic site. People come looking for different information but they all have something in common - they want to get to that information quickly. Part of website design is analyzing what's already there and learning what would make the new site more functional for both the client and visitors.
After our initial analysis of the previous website, here are just a few things we found:
- The site was slow to load and not responsive. When 35% of traffic is mobile (and only growing from there), it was time to go responsive.
- We noticed that a high percentage of visitors used the search bar telling us that people were not finding what they needed right away. We also noted that there was a high exit rate from the homepage meaning people were clicking away from the site almost immediately.
- The navigation was confusing, and the layout needed an update to make good use of the visitor's screen.
With all of this in mind, we set some goals for the new site:
- We improved the look and feel of the website, and made it responsive. We used prime homepage space to display Sumner County images and links.
- We wanted visitors to find what they are looking for quickly. By making elected officials prominent, improving the quick links section, and decreasing the outside links, we are aiming to keep visitors engaged in the new site and give them the information they are looking for.
- Improved the blog so Sumner County can release news to the public. An updated blog gives users and search engines fresh, new content and makes them the authority on what's going on in Sumner County.
Check them out here: Sumner County Government