If you are an avid Twitter user, you should have noticed Twitter recently released a new native video feature. (If you don’t use Twitter, let’s talk.)
This new feature will let you shoot, make edits and post videos directly to Twitter. In the past, to post a video on Twitter you would have had to uploaded it to a third-party host such as YouTube or Vimeo or used Twitter’s own third-party app Vine and then post the link. (If you don’t know what Vine is, you’re probably older than 21. But if you happen to have a teenage daughter ask them if they know anything about a ‘Magcon boy.’)
So, why is this new native video feature on Twitter important?
1. This is an additional opportunity to tell your brand story through Twitter. If we’ve learned anything in the first two months of 2015, it is that this year will be the year of telling stories. Telling your story in various formats is how you will shape your brand online.
2. Using video gives your brand more life. It’s no longer enough to just attract your potential customers to you. You need to connect with them and make them feel something about your brand. Visual video content is the perfect way to do that.
3. This feature is not only social media marketing, it ties right in to mobile marketing as well. More than 80% of users on Twitter are using a mobile device.
Here are some other cool mobile marketing statistics related to video usage:
- 92% of mobile video viewers share videos with others. – Invodo
- 70% of marketing professionals report that video converts better than any other medium. – MarketingProfs
- 64% of consumers are more likely to buy a product after watching a video about it. – comScore
4. Connect with followers more effectively. Having a one-click way for Twitter users to view your videos is a pretty effective way to better-connect with not just your users but the millions of others using Twitter each day.
While Twitter adding a native video feature may not seem like such a huge deal at the surface, the impact of incorporating this feature into your digital marketing can be huge, HUGE. If you need help figuring out how this ties into your marketing strategy, get in touch with us here. We love brainstorming with clients!
Already using video? We want to see them! Shoot a video using Twitter and mention us @FlyKeystone. We’ll retweet the best ones! Have fun!