It’s time to start thinking about closing out 2015 and looking ahead to 2016. When you think about your website, social media and email marketing, were you happy with what you did in 2015? What do you want to do differently in 2016? Here are some questions to get you thinking.
Reflecting on 2015
- Review website analytics for the last year. Were there months that didn’t do as well as you had hoped? Do you know why?
- Check out your competitors' efforts. What did they do that you liked? What did you not like? Do you have any ideas after reviewing their year?
- Look at your website from both desktop and a mobile. Do you like what you see? Is it optimized for mobile? Is it time to start thinking about a redesign?
- Open all of your social media accounts. Is your branding consistent?
- Is your business growing or are you losing customers? Either way, do you know why?
- Do you know where you are showing up in search engines for important business keywords?
- Were you active on social media last year? If so, what lessons did you learn?
- When was the last time you sent an email message to your customers? Were you pleased with the performance?
- Evaluate if your website is easy to update. If not, do you need training or maybe a new content management system?
Planning Ahead for 2016
- Drop anything that didn’t work in 2015. If you weren’t happy with it, don’t do it again.
- Develop marketing goals. Is it time to try something new? For example, video, advertising, or a new social media platform.
- Set a marketing budget for 2016. Determine how you will spend the money each month.
- Create an editorial calendar. Think about challenges, questions, and interests that your customers have and use your blog and social media to address them. Content can produce helpful information for customers, give you material to release on social media, and help your site rank better in search engines.
If you are overwhelmed, need help, or simply want another point of view, Keystone is currently offering free website audits. Just complete our form and we’ll be in touch.