5 Things to Improve your Local SEO
What is local SEO?
Local SEO (search engine optimization) is content and coding used on your website that makes it easier for people and search engines to find out about your company and the products and services you offer.
Who should use it?
Any business that has a physical address and local clients.
5 Things You Can Do to Improve Local SEO
- Establish your Google My Business page. This one is the most important, but we also recommend Yahoo Local, Bing Maps, and Facebook.
- Focus on reviews. As people are deciding which roofer to call, online reviews come into play big time. If customers offer you positive feedback, take the time to ask them to leave a review on Google, Facebook or Yelp.
- Make sure the name of your business, your address and phone number are on every page of your site. We like to put this information in the footer.
- Site health is still important to local SEO. Make sure your site navigation is clear and your content is helpful.
- Add regular content. Don't let Google think your site is dead - add some live to it by consistently updating content. Blogging is a great way to do this, but we also recommend changing your homepage image and text every so often as well.
6 Things You May Need Help With (Keystone Can Help)
- Do keyword research. It's important to know what keywords your target audiences are using to find businesses like yours.
- Optimize content and metadata. We need to make sure your city name in the page's content and metadata.
- Use Schema local markup and other coding. This coding helps search engines find you business and know a little about it.
- Check and correct your citations (mentions of your name, address and phone number). We offer a service for this to make sure your job a little easier.
- Develop pages for each location. If you have more than one office or even serve more than one area, it is often a good idea to create a landing page for each location.
- Think about mobile. How does your website look on your phone or tablet? Mobile traffic has significantly increased, so make sure your website is optimized.
Ready to talk local SEO? Give us a call to see how we can improve the health of your site.